Friday, July 15, 2011

90's Nickelodeon Nail Art Series Slime Nails

picture does not belong to me, it was found on Google

While doing the dripping blood design for my True Blood nails I thought of the idea to do a Nickelodeon slime design. I used to love watching Nickelodeon when I was little so I decided to do a mini nail series! I'll be picking some of my favorite 90's Nickelodeon cartoons and doing a nail design!!! I'm super excited! 

For this design I decided to paint my nails orange and have slime dripping onto them. I wanted the orange to be bright but not neon. So I layered two polishes together. For the slime I mixed a neon green with a glittery green to give the slime some texture and a bit of muted sparkle. I love these nails so much! Without topcoat the nails were somewhat matte and looked nice. I later added a topcoat and they looked nice shiny too.

Sabrina's Nail Blog 90s Nickelodeon Nail Art Orange Green Slime drip
Right hand with no topcoat

Sabrina's Nail Blog 90s Nickelodeon Nail Art Orange Green Slime drip
Left hand with no topcoat

Sabrina's Nail Blog 90s Nickelodeon Nail Art Orange Green Slime drip
with topcoat in sunlight

Please check out the other nails I did in the 90's Nickelodeon Nail Art Series :)



What I Used:
Base: Candy Corn by Covergirl
          with Summer Peach by Sinful Colors over top
Slime: Twiggie by Color Club
          mixed with Here Comes Trouble by Orly

3 comments:

  1. This looks cute and ur very creative cant wait to see the rest of the series. I still watch Nicklelodeon :-P w my 2yr old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is so cute, great job , u do amazing work. please follow back Britters89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete