Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween Stripes

For today's Halloween post I have a design that I normally do when I don't have any nail art ideas. I love this design cause it's easy and you can pick as many colors as you want. It never gets boring (to me at least). This time I chose to use black and orange. I did an orange base with black stripes on one hand and a black base with orange stripes on  the other. It would look cute to do alternating colors on each nail too :)
halloween random stripes nails orange black

halloween random stripes nails orange black
What I Used:
Base: Neon Orange by American Apperal
Goin' Ape-ricot! by OPI
Stripes: Liquid Vinyl by Orly

halloween random stripes nails orange black

halloween random stripes nails orange black

What I Used:
Base: Liquid Vinyl by Orly
Pumpkin Spice by Sally Hansen
Stripes: Candy Corn by Covergirl

4 comments:

  1. OMG i love this !!! whats the secret to the stripes - quick strokes or a certain type of brush ? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SABRINA! I love the simplicity of this design!!! I'm liking the black background with orange stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Daily Crumpet Thank you :)
    I did a blog post on it but didn't explain it too well http://sabrinasnailblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/old-favorite.html
    I use a strand of hair (weird i know lol) and dip it in a little blob of polish I make on some scrap paper and then just paint random stripes on my nails. I'm sure a thin brush would work too but it's never worked when I tried just cause I'm so used to how I normally do the stripes. Hope this all makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete