Friday, March 15, 2013

Stamped Textured Nails

Hi hi!! 
I'm really loving this new textured and sand nail polish trend right now! I love that it's different and how the nail polish feels somewhat scratchy. It's just cool! What do you think about it? 
 I already own the OPI liquid sand polishes and I love them but when I saw that Milani was going to release textured polishes I was excited! The colors are just bright and the polishes don't have glitter like the OPI ones. I looked for them for about 2 weeks before I finally found them. Once I got then home I couldn't wait to try them out!

I used the red and yellow and just did plainly painted my nails with them. The texture on these polishes feels a bit bigger than other textured polishes. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Milani Texture polish Tainted in Red Yellow Mark

The texture on these polishes feels a bit bigger than other textured polishes. I just love that even though the polish dries matte they don't look boring (not that matte nails look boring because I love them too). 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Milani Texture polish Tainted in Red Yellow Mark

After I wore them plain on my nails for a day I started wondering how they would look if I did some stamping on them. I just picked two different stamping plates and polishes and tried it out!

Sabrina's Nail Blog Milani Texture polish Tainted in Red Yellow Mark konad cheeky stamping

I liked how it looked stamped too! Just like with normal nail polish the stamped image can smear a little during the stamping process but it's no big deal. I didn't add a topcoat once I was done cause I wanted to keep the textured polish matte and see how the stamping would wear without it. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Milani Texture polish Tainted in Red Yellow Mark konad cheeky stamping

It turns out that the stamping polish works just fine with no topcoat and looks just as cool after a few days of wear. I can't wait to see what other textured polishes get released with this cool new trend! 

I hope you liked this post and check back soon for more! :)





What I Used:
Red: Tainted in Red by Milani
Yellow: Yellow Mark by Milani
Red Stamp: Red by Konad
White Stamp: White by Konad
Stamping Plates: CH37 & CH48 by Cheeky

4 comments:

  1. These colors look great together. The texture polishes are starting to grow on me more and more. I might have to pick one of them up. Love the stamping with them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited that there are more and more colors available now!

      Delete
  2. Omg, love your blog <3

    Do you want to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!
      I definitely do! :)

      Delete