Friday, November 15, 2013

Instagram Inspired Ombre

Hi :) I have a few older posts that I never got around to posting before October and I'd like to show you one of them today! 
 Do you have Instagram? A while back I saw a photo that Nail It! Magazine posted on Instagram (Click to see photo) of some nail wraps from Dashing Diva. One of the designs looked so pretty that I wanted to try it out myself! I just loved the color combination, it's not something I would have thought to try myself.

I tried to pick my colors to match as close to the photo as possible. I did my usual of starting with a white base. I then sponged on neon yellow, neon pink, and a neon purple (that was more on the reddish purple side) onto my nails. I did that about 4 times till all colors were opaque.

Sabrina's Nail Blog Neon Ombre Sponge Gradient nails
In the shade 

I liked how the yellow just stood out but also blended in and looked nice with the pink and purple. It really makes me want to try doing an ombre with other colors that I normally wouldn't put together. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Neon Ombre Sponge Gradient nails
In the sun

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you'd like to follow me on Instagram I have a button to the right that will take you to mine and please feel free to leave your Instagram name in the comments!! 


What I Used:
Yellow: Glowstick by Orly
Pink: Beach Cruiser by Orly
Purple: Fashionista Lisa by Wet n Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment