Monday, January 27, 2014

Pepper Ann Inspired Nails

Hello!! I'm excited to share today's post with you! I did these nails the other day and just couldn't wait to post them so I decided to just put them up now!!!!
As you may know from my 90's Nickelodeon nail art series, back in 2011, I love cartoons! While thinking of some nail art ideas a few months ago I thought of doing Pepper Ann nails! I used to love watching Pepper Ann every Saturday morning and I still remember speed walking home to watch Pepper Ann after school in 9th grade lol!! Plus the theme song is permanently embedded in my brain :)

Sabrina's Nail Blog Pepper Ann Nails
I found this picture on Google and used it as a reference when painting

When I plan a nail design out I draw it on paper first and then pick my colors. These nails had been drawn out for months now and this Saturday I gathered up all my colors and sat down to paint! 
These are the nails I ended up painting:

Sabrina's Nail Blog Pepper Ann Nails Nail art Disney Pepper Ann Pearson Nicky Little Milo Kamalani Moose Pearson

On the thumb I painted the show title. Milo, one of Pepper Ann's best friends, is on my index nail. Pepper Ann is on my middle nail. Her other best friend Nicky is on my ring nail. Moose, Pepper Ann's sister, is on my pinky. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Pepper Ann Nails Nail art Disney Pepper Ann Pearson Nicky Little Milo Kamalani Moose Pearson

I'm so happy with how these turned out!!! They took longer than I expected and for a while I didn't think they were looking too good but everything came together in the end. I love them so much! 
Doing these nails has reminded me of how much I've been wanting to get back to challenging myself. They just give me so many more ideas I want to try. Hopefully it doesn't take months before I can get around to working on them :) 

I hope you liked this post and check back soon!


What I Used:
Thumb
Base: Platinum Magic Base by Pure Ice
Purple: Grape Pop by China Glaze
Black: Black by Mia Secret
Milo
Base: Earthy Angel by Color Club
Blue: Dating a Royal by OPI
Purple: Grape Pop by China Glaze
Orange: In My Back Pocket by OPI
Yellow: Happy Go Lucky by China Glaze
Green: Mojito Madness by Essie
Black: Black by Mia Secret
White: Platinum Magic Base by Pure Ice
Pepper Ann
Base: Milky Ways by Lime Crime
Red: Roguish Red by China Glaze
Purple: Grape Pop by China Glaze
Blue: Frenzy by Hard Candy
Black: Black by Mia Secret
White: Platinum Magic Base by Pure Ice
Nicky
Base: Milky Ways by Lime Crime
Yellow: Happy Go Lucky by China Glaze
Black: Black by Mia Secret
Moose
Base: Milky Ways by Lime Crime
Brown: Earthy Angel mixed with Rebel Spirit both by Color Club
Pink: Birthday Suit by Julie G
Tan: Earthy Angel by Color Club
Black: Black by Mia Secret
White: Platinum Magic Base by Pure Ice

8 comments:

  1. I used to love Pepper Ann! That and Recess were my two favorites! They need to bring both shows back. On Netflix if nothing else! Your nails look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Pepper Ann was on Netflix!!! I liked Recess too!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love it very much! Lovely idea :) I am your new follower -your blog is full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I'm glad to have you as a new follower!

      Delete