Friday, March 14, 2014

Matte Chevron Nails

Hello! I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but I have an Instagram for my nails that I've started posting my nail art on. I like following all kinds of cool nail related accounts and I especially love scrolling through all the creative nail art! It's fun and I love seeing all the different styles out there. I was recently looking around and saw these gorgeous nails by Decorated Digits (click to view photo). I was totally inspired by her nails and I just had to try them out!

I had just got my order of Nail Vinyls and was excited to try them out and try out the Decorated Digits design. I didn't follow her design exactly because I wanted more of the red glitter polish to show. I also used two different types of chevron stickers. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Matte Chevron Nails

I started out by painting my nails with 2 coats of a burgundy red glitter polish. Once that was fully dry I arranged the Nail Vinyls in the designs I wanted. I went over everything with a black polish and then before it dried I peeled off the stickers. Finally after letting it all dry a bit I added a matte topcoat. The end result is super pretty! I love how the red looked with matte topcoat!

Sabrina's Nail Blog Matte Chevron Nails

I'm so glad I came across Decorated Digits Instagram account! She has great nail art!

Sabrina's Nail Blog Matte Chevron Nails

Thank you for checking out this post! 
I'd love to follow you on Instagram so please leave your user name down below! :)


What I Used:
Base: Leading Lady by Essie
Black: Black on Black by Sinful Colors
Matte topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment