Saturday, July 19, 2014

Finger Paints: Enchanted Mermaid Collection Review and Nail Look

Hello! Today I have a review and a nail look to share with you!
While at Sally's Beauty Supply yesterday a new Finger Paints display caught my eye. It was for a small 4 polish collection called Enchanted Mermaid. All 4 colors were pretty but I was about to pass them up until I read that they were textured! I still really love textured polish so grabbed the 2 that I liked the most and was on my way! 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Finger Paints Enchanted Mermaid collection Tails of Love & Sea Temptress

The first color that caught my eye was Sea Temptress, an opalescent white. The second color was Tails of Love which is a metallic-y teal. I couldn't wait to try them out and was surprised when I saw that the texture wasn't the usual texture that I've come to expect. Instead of little grains of sand the texture in these polishes are little hexagonal pieces. It's different and a bit rougher than a sandy texture but I really don't mind it. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Finger Paints Enchanted Mermaid collection Tails of Love & Sea Temptress
(Here's a close up of one nail so you can see the texture better)

I like that it's something new and it really goes with the mermaid theme (they look and  feel ocean-y if that makes sense). I really love both colors and only used 2 coats of each. As most textured polishes do, these dried pretty fast. I also noticed that the colors didn't get dull as they dried, they still have a bit of a shine to them. They were easy to apply too. Overall I'd say they're great. If you're not tired of textured polishes yet or want to try out a new texture then the Enchanted Mermaid collection might be something you'd like to check out. 

Sabrina's Nail Blog Finger Paints Enchanted Mermaid collection Tails of Love & Sea Temptress

While I was painting my nails I wanted to try on both colors so I painted two accent nails of Sea Temptress and they really reminded me of pearls next to the teal nails. Then I got the idea to see if I had an ocean themed stamping plate. Once I found one with little shells and starfishes, I used a white polish to stamp over the teal nails and left the pearly nails alone. The stamping was just something quick and fun to try out and I really ended up liking it! :)
 I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for stopping by!


What I Used:
Teal: Tails of Love by Finger Paints
Pearl: Sea Temptress by Finger Paints
Plate: CH38 by Cheeky
Stamp: White by Konad

No comments:

Post a Comment